I have explained the strategy that Motorola is attempting to apply in explicit detail, see The Future of the Mobile Computing Wars: Contiguous Rich Client Computing! Any success may see Apple on the Margin. Those who still do not see the forest for the trees should read Android Now Outselling iOS? Explaining the Game of Chess That Google Plays in the Smart Phone Space. This was written in the summer, thus we have several months of history to determine if I was on the right track or not. Big names with big audiences are flocking to Android in droves, see Sony Bites The Bullet & Joins The Android Camp, Adding Its Entire Suite of PSOne Games To The Android Platform.
Here is a quick history of the convergence which attempts to tie it all together.
Subscribers should reference our the BoomBustBlog subscription document, Google Final Report for the full valuation and analysis. There is a tutorial posted to get the full benefit of the tools that we have offered for Google in Navigating BoomBustBlog Subscription Material To Find The Google Valuation Drilldown. Professional/institutional subscribers can actually access a subset of the model that we used to create the sensitivity analysis at the end of the large forensic analysis above to plug in their own assumptions in case they somehow disagree with our assumptions or view points. Click here for the model: Google Valuation Model (pro and institutional). Click here to subscribe or upgrade. Thus far we have been right on the money in regards to Google's prospects (Google 4th Quarter Performance: Strong Performance, & Better Yet Healthy Investment Into The Business). For those of you wondering where I stand on Apple's iPhone and iOS products re: the mobile computing wars and smartphones in particular, reference The iPhone Consumer Appliance vs Andriod As The Ubiquitous Computer: A Step by Step Guide To The Ultimate iPhone Killer!
The virulent growth in Android's market share is not by accident. Below is the professional level subscription mobile OS model representing the 3rd quarter 2010 results. I have made the model available to the public temporarily to test the embedded Google spreadsheets. Be sure to click the tabs, scrolling to the left to imbibe to the fullest extent the considerable amount of information available in the small window below. Feedback is welcomed, of course.
[iframe https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Ai5WJsM3KjltdGJKRkVRbGdod05pNnlxRW14SU9tTXc&hl=en&output=html&widget=true 600 450]
More on the Creatively Destructive Pace of Technology Innovation and the Paradigm Shift known as the Mobile Computing Wars!
- There Is Another Paradigm Shift Coming in Technology and Media: Apple, Microsoft and Google Know its Winner Takes All
- The Mobile Computing and Content Wars: Part 2, the Google Response to the Paradigm Shift
- An Introduction to How Apple Apple Will Compete With the Google/Android Onslaught
- Don’t Count Microsoft Out of the Ultra-Mobile Computing Wars Just Yet
- This article should drive the point home: An iPhone 4 Recall Will Hurt Apple More By Opening Additional Opportunity for Android Devices Than Increased Expenses
- A First in the Mainstream Media: Apple’s Flagship Product Loses In a Comparison Review to HTC’s Google-Powered Phone
- After Getting a Glimpse of the New Windows Phone 7 Functionality, RIMM is Looking More Like a Short Play
- RIM Smart Phone Market Share, RIP?
- Android is gaining preference as the long-term choice of application developers
- A Glimpse of the BoomBustBlog Internal Discussion Concerning the Fate of Apple
- Math and the Pace of Smart Phone Innovation May Take a Byte Out of Apple’s (Short-lived?) Dominance
- Apple on the Margin
- RIM Smart Phone Market Share, RIP?
- Motorola, the Company That INVENTED the Cellphone is Trying to Uninvent the iPad With Android
- Android Now Outselling iOS? Explaining the Game of Chess That Google Plays in the Smart Phone Space
- There Goes Those Fancy eBook Aspirations from Apple, Barnes and Noble, and Amazon: 100,000’s of FREE eBooks from the Public Library
- How Google is Looking to Cut Apple’s Margin and How the Sell Side of Wall Street Will Enable This Without Sheeple Investor’s Having a Clue
- Empirical Evidence of Android Eating Apple!
- More of the Android Onslaught: Increasing Handset Revenues and Growth
- Many More Black Eyes for the Blackberry? A Complete Forensic Analysis of Research in Motion
- The BoomBustBlog Multivariate Research in Motion Valuation Model: Ready for Download
- The Complete, 63 pg Google Forensic Valuation is Available for Download
- iSuppli Continues to Validate BoomBustBlog’s Original Thesis: Android as the Viral Game Changer!
- BoomBustBlog Research Hits Another One Out the Park! Google up nearly 10% after hours, true blowout earnings unlike JPM
- As I Warned in June, DO NOT DISCOUNT Microsoft in This Mobile Computing War! Their Marketing Campaign is PURE GENIUS! and it Appears as if the Phone Ain’t Bad Either
- Reggie Middleton Wasn’t the ONLY Openly Apple Bear in the Blogoshpere, Was He?