Google is seeking new revenue streams, including searches on mobile phones. Its Android software has surged in popularity among consumers, overtaking Research In Motion Ltd.’s BlackBerry to become the top smartphone operating system in the U.S. in the second quarter, according to research firm Gartner Inc.
Display advertising at Google is growing as its YouTube video-watching service attracts more marketers. The company said in May it had boosted the number of display advertisers 10-fold on YouTube.
“Our newer businesses -- particularly display and mobile -- continued to show significant momentum,” Chief Executive Officer Eric Schmidt said in a statement.
Display revenue is on pace to top $2.5 billion annually, Jonathan Rosenberg, senior vice president for product management, said on the conference call. Mobile-ad sales are on track to exceed $1 billion annually, he said.
This is pretty much verbatim as we predicted it, and the stock and option prices are performing accordingly...
I strongly urge all paying subscribers to read and reread the longest forensic analysis that I have ever released (@63 pages): Google Final Report, as well as the An Analysis and Valuation of Google's Android and AdMob. Professional subscribers are strongly urged to play with all of the market and valuatin models that we have to offer (click here to subscribe):
- Google Valuation Model (pro and institutional).
- Smartphone Market Model – Blog Download Version – all paying subscribers
- Mobile Operating System Market Share Model – all paying subscribers – This model is key to showing the trends across operating systems, and not just handset manufacturers.
This carries on with the strong performance of the Research in Motion Analysis, which I am now giving away for free since it has hit our initial price point, see The Research In Motion Forensic Valuation and Analysis is Released to the Public. ... and on that note, here is the breadcrumb trail of blog posts that led up to this point, starting June 21st, 2010:
More on the Creatively Destructive Pace of Technology Innovation and the Paradigm Shift known as the Mobile Computing Wars!
- There Is Another Paradigm Shift Coming in Technology and Media: Apple, Microsoft and Google Know its Winner Takes All
- The Mobile Computing and Content Wars: Part 2, the Google Response to the Paradigm Shift
- An Introduction to How Apple Apple Will Compete With the Google/Android Onslaught
- Don’t Count Microsoft Out of the Ultra-Mobile Computing Wars Just Yet
- This article should drive the point home: An iPhone 4 Recall Will Hurt Apple More By Opening Additional Opportunity for Android Devices Than Increased Expenses
- A First in the Mainstream Media: Apple’s Flagship Product Loses In a Comparison Review to HTC’s Google-Powered Phone
- After Getting a Glimpse of the New Windows Phone 7 Functionality, RIMM is Looking More Like a Short Play
- RIM Smart Phone Market Share, RIP?
- Android is gaining preference as the long-term choice of application developers
- A Glimpse of the BoomBustBlog Internal Discussion Concerning the Fate of Apple
- Math and the Pace of Smart Phone Innovation May Take a Byte Out of Apple’s (Short-lived?) Dominance
- Apple on the Margin
- RIM Smart Phone Market Share, RIP?
- Motorola, the Company That INVENTED the Cellphone is Trying to Uninvent the iPad With Android
- Android Now Outselling iOS? Explaining the Game of Chess That Google Plays in the Smart Phone Space
- There Goes Those Fancy eBook Aspirations from Apple, Barnes and Noble, and Amazon: 100,000’s of FREE eBooks from the Public Library
- How Google is Looking to Cut Apple’s Margin and How the Sell Side of Wall Street Will Enable This Without Sheeple Investor’s Having a Clue
- Empirical Evidence of Android Eating Apple!
- More of the Android Onslaught: Increasing Handset Revenues and Growth
- Many More Black Eyes for the Blackberry? A Complete Forensic Analysis of Research in Motion
- The BoomBustBlog Multivariate Research in Motion Valuation Model: Ready for Download
- The Complete, 63 pg Google Forensic Valuation is Available for Download